Follow these steps to create a new Floodlight activity for every event you want to track. You also have the option to create and edit floodlight activities using a bulk sheet.
an advertiser, click Floodlight > Activities.
2. Click New and Name your Floodlight activity.
Select Play install tracking if you're using the Floodlight
activity to track app
installs from Google Play.
the URL where you plan to add the tag in the Expected URL. This can help you identify
where the tag for your Floodlight activity has been placed.
a Type, either counter or sales. Learn more.
6. Assign the activity to an Activity group or create a new one. Keep in mind that Campaign Manager 360 only shows activity groups for the type you've selected for the activity.
a Counting method for conversions. The options
available depend on whether you're creating a counter or sales activity.
8. Select a Tag format from the options described above. For Google Tag Manager users, this setting determines what underlying tag format will be sent to your container when pushing activities to Google Tag Manager. If you choose iframe or global site tag, Tag Manager will use an iframe tag. If you choose image, Tag Manager will use image tags.
9. Click the checkbox next to Enable for attribution to enable attribution on the Floodlight activity. This is enabled by default for new activities. All attribution will stop for the activity if you do not enable this.
10. (Optional) If you're using Google Tag Manager to manage your Floodlight activities, follow the instructions to push tags to your container. Learn more.
11. (Optional) Set any Advanced properties you want to add:
b) Activity tag string: Add a custom
key-value that identifies the Floodlight activity, or leave this field blank to
use a default value based on the activity name. This value cannot be changed
after saving your activity.
c) For iframe and image tags only:
12. Include any Custom Floodlight variables you've created and would like to use for this activity. Learn more
Once you've saved your Floodlight activity, click the Floodlight tag preview section to see a preview for the tag. Do not use the preview that's available before you save the tag; this is just a sample of the tag. All of the fields for your tag will be populated after you save.